- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Fish Curry Recipe
Learn how to cook traditional style tasty fish curry from the Southern part of Kerala. Detailed steps and simple tips in this beautiful cooking video will help you master this curry in a few minutes. Serve with rice or chapati for a sumptuous meal. Can try the same recipe with other fish varieties too. We have used Seer fish (Ney Meen) for this video.
- Seer Fish (Ney Meen) - 1kg
- Green Chilly - 2-3
- Onion Shallots - chopped
- Garlic - diced
- Ginger - sliced
- Curry Leaves - 2-3 Sprigs
- Tamarind - 3-4 pieces
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Cocunut Oil
- Heat the traditional clay pot for fish curries and add some coconut oil
- Add little fenugreek and mustard to the heated oil
- Wait till the mustard gets popped up in hot oil
- Add sliced shallots, ginger, garlic, green chilly, and few curry leaves to the heated oil one by one.
- Add the thick paster of chilly powder and turmeric powder and sauté well.
- Add enough water and stir well
- Add salt as required
- Add malabar tamarind or Kudam Puli
- Keep the lid closed and let it start boiling
- Add the fish slowly into the boiling gravy
- When it starts boiling, cook in low flame for 20-30 minutes
- Cook until oil is visible on top
- Fish curry is ready to serve hot, though will taste better after keeping it for 1 day to get the masala on to the fish.